Sunday 17 June 2012

A bushel and a Peck

We had a wonderful afternoon with the family. Dad was is in a great mood and loved our card.
We picked up a musical card which rang out in a vintage voice " I love you a bushel and a peck, a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck" .
My kids were a bit perplexed at first but I knew as soon as I heard that darling vintage voice sing that playful song - DAD would love it!.
I can just imagine Dad as a young boy singing that song as he skipped down the street of Dundas. It is something he may have listened to his Mom sing. My Mom certainly new the words as soon as the melody hit her ears.
Dad smiled when the music started playing and after he closed the card he looked at me and said it was something special.
Dad does not have very many lucid moments anymore but I would consider this a special moment.

YAY for Dads!

We hope you had a lovely day too.

The Alternative Blooms Gals


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I have been looking for a musical card with song to give to someone. Do you remember where you bought it?? It would mean so much to give it to him and watch him open it. I hope I find it!!

    ReplyDelete